While using Google’s Keyword planner, it was interesting to see how different keywords produced different results. To start my search on my brand, I first typed in “Ralph Lauren.” The top successful term that resulted was “polo Ralph Lauren”. With an average of 334,650 searches per month, polo Ralph Lauren is a largely search term for the Ralph Lauren. Over the past 12 months, the searches were still within the average range expect for in the months of April and September when the search fell to about 240,000. The months of March and April and way above average reaching up to 400,000. The most successful search terms were “polo Ralph Lauren”, “polo shirts”, and “outlet. The most expensive keywords were polo shirts, coupons, and shoes, ranging from $1.13-$1.36. When I did a long-tail search using Ralph Lauren brand clothing, more keywords appeared then when I did a short-tail search and only used the keyword “Polo”. It was interesting to see the difference in the rates per word. Coupon had the highest rate of $1.36 which displays that most of Ralph Lauren consumers may be looking for a bargain. Taking a glimpse at the competition tab next to each keyword, a few keywords Rugby, Shoes, Clothing, and wholesale had a suggested bid of high compared to the keyword “Macys” that only had a suggested bid of medium.
Referring to the SEO Optimizer, Ralph Lauren was evaluated on their overall performance. Few of the key improvements were:
1. Improve the title of the website
2. Get some “Like it!” clicks
3. Get some Google +1 clicks
4. Distinguish your keywords with strongs and bolds
5. Optimize the number of external links
6. Improve internal links.
Ralph Lauren’s Report card totaled 6.43/7
1. The link check rated a 10/10 with only one broken link.
2. The HTML check rated a 7/10 with no HTML errors but 286 warnings.
3. The load time received an extremely low rating of 1/10. The load time took 522.01 seconds.
4. Mega Tag received a perfect score of 10/10 with no errors
5. Spell check received a score of 9/10. There were 11 misspelling errors that jeopardized receiving a perfect score.
6. Lastly, keyword check received a score of 8/10 with total words of 430.
I recommend that Ralph Lauren improve the slight errors they received on their report card. First, although it was only one broken link, it’s important for the Ralph Lauren website to not have any broken links what so ever. Effective and efficient Internal links are important for an overall website to run smoothly and be appealing. That can make a consumer slightly irritated and cause them to leave the page completely. This also applies for HTML errors. Some consumers may not be aware of the slight HTML errors but other may view it as unprofessional and exit the site as well. The load time was the most disappointing grade in my opinion. As a well known brand and a lot of consumers shopping online, it is essential for the website to load extreme quickly one the main website and mobile website. Personally, when I visit and it takes to long to load, I immediately want to leave the website and visit another. Speed is an vital factor in all websites especially when competitors also have online websites.